With hundreds of millions of RMB of sales generated in a single live-stream, Douyin (the Chinese version of Tik Tok) is becoming a growing hub of e-commerce in China.
But how can brands get started selling on Douyin? Here is our guide.
Step 1: create a Douyin Account
The first step to create a Douyin brand account is to download the Douyin App.
Download Douyin on Android
For Android users, you can download Douyin by merely finding the APK via a search engine, or via the following link:https://douyin.en.softonic.com/android
Download Douyin on iOS
For iOS users, there will be extra steps. If your iOS store location isn’t already in China, you must switch region before downloading the App.
To do so:
- Open the “App Store” App on your iPhone.
- Click the profile icon on the top-right of the page
- Click on your name/email to open your profile
- Select “Country/Region”
- Click “Change Country or Region”
- Select “China mainland” and follow the steps
You can then go to the App Store, download Douyin, and create an account.
Step 2: Verify your Douyin account
The next step is now to verify your account.
To do so, head over to https://renzheng.douyin.com/ and click on “立即认证.”
A QR code will show-up that you should scan with your Douyin account.
You must then provide the following documents to complete verification:
- Type of account (company or individual)
- Region of registration (supports oversea companies)
- Region of operation
- Presence of offline stores
- Business license
- Operator name
- Operator phone number
- Operator email
You can then submit the form. You will usually hear back from the Douyin team within five business days.
What are the advantages of a Douyin verified account?
A Douyin verified account is essential if you want to leverage the short video platform:
- “Verified” sign shows users your account is the official page for the brand
- Additional analytics functions are accessible to verified stores
- Ability to open a Douyin store and sell products on the platform
Douyin recently restricted live-streaming sales to native Douyin stores. Therefore, opening your Douyin store is necessary if you want to take advantage of the platform’s powerful live-stream functions.
Live-streaming on Douyin can lead to significant sales. Luo Yonghao, the tech KOL & ex-founder of Smartisan smartphone, sold 168 million RMB during his 1st campaign.
After creating your Douyin Official Account, you can log into Douyin’s store platform (https://fxg.jinritemai.com/index.html#/ffa/login) to generate your Douyin storefront.
You can click the Douyin logo on the bottom left of the login page and scan the QR code with your Douyin account to access the platform. (Source: WalkTheChat.com)